Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Working on Kindles

So, this morning I had some downtime at the office, and decided to look into my Kindle offerings.  First off, I lowered the price of my recent non-fiction work Life on the Cube Farm from $2.99 to $1.50. 

I know the advice from successful writers is to charge what your works are worth.  But, the reality for those of us with little to no name-recognition is that doing so is often a hindrance.  I have made only a single paid sale of that work at the current price.  So, maybe if it's cheaper, more people will be willing to give it a try.  If I sell four copies at the lower price, I will have already made more back than before.  The new pricing should be active later today.

One of the other things I noticed was that a few of my stories have no reviews.  I'd like to remedy that by enticing people to read and review them.  To that end, I'm going to offer a different story for free each month for a period of five days each.  Tomorrow will begin the first sale with Blood from Sand.

The final thing I realized today was that, from the reviews I do have, I see a lot of people stating that they are looking forward to sequels to a few of my more popular stories.  I'm going to try to remedy that too.  I currently have a rough draft of a third Orcs story done.  It focuses on Pekra and Bofdak.  I read it through again today, and I really like the idea, and I think I did some good writing here.  But, it needs polishing, and some more exposition.  So, that's my next project.

I'm still trying to get my motivation to write back.  I figured that building on my short story successes would be a better start than just trying to jump into a longer narrative right away.  I still have a couple of longer works that are getting some attention, though.  So, I haven't given up yet.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad to hear you are getting back at it